Re: "Triumph World"? and other lbc magazines

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "Triumph World"? and other lbc magazines
From: "Carl Musson (EVENTS)" <musson@arts.usf.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 09:59:04 -0400 (EDT)
My view is that there is a definite lack of quality tech or tips
information.  There is a great deal of print about a completely restored
car (of the month) or two.  There are some interesting "driving" reports
on the various models (some of which are from the states - about the only
input that reflects the stateside interest).  There are a lot of adverts
for British repair/restore/supply shops and none from the states.  There
is (what I feel) a very weak events listing (again, primarily brit).

The first 10 issues or so had a very extensive history of the triumph
marque which probably has been the best part of publication so far.
Perhaps now that they have exhausted the history, they will be able to
move on to other things.

Now, as a comparison, What is the opinion of British Car Magazine?  It has
new owners and a decidely stateside view on the lbc scene.  For that
matter, what about some of the other classic car mags: Practical Classics
for instance?  I know there are a couple others, but the names have gone
south.  If I am not mistaken, most of these are also British in origin and
have some of the same problems as Triumph World.

>From my point of view, I would like to see some thorough how-to's.  How to
rebuild a fuel pump; converting steel to wire wheels (I don't want to do
this, just an example); What to look for when...;  etc.  Over the last
year, there has been a lot of discussion about how to do things on this
list.  Some of those questions and their answers, could be a very
informative and helpful series in these magazines.

JMTCW>>>>

| CARL F. MUSSON, Coordinator              INTERNET: musson@arts.usf.edu |
| Tampa, FL           Opinions expressed are mine and not of my employer.|
\ '58 TR3A -  http://www.arts.usf.edu/events/musson/triumph/cfm-tr3.html /