Re[2]: Yet more '66 GT6 stuff

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re[2]: Yet more '66 GT6 stuff
From: "Peter Mchugh" <PMCHUGH@mail.hq.faa.gov>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 96 08:15:14 EST
     Jeff Stoval asked question below, which I posted to wrong
     address...sorry for the wider distribution.

Author:  Peter Mchugh at ASY1PO
Date:    10/15/96 8:11 AM

     You asked about exchanging Mark 2/3 fuel pumps with the Mark 1 pump...

     The Mark 1 had a glass sediment bowl, which was replaced by a small
     metal (inverted) cup on the later Marks.  The pumps are essentially the
     same otherwise, except that the operating lever which makes the pump
     work (by riding on a lobe of the cam) is different on the Mark 1. You
     can exchange the lever by removing a small circlip and pushing the
     hinge pin out, swap the lever from the Mark 2/3 pump and replace the
     pin and circlip.  Fairly straight forward task which I completed this
     weekend in about 15 minutes.

     Cheers

     Pete MCQ

     73 TR-6