GT-6 Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT-6 Question
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 07:05:42 -0700
> Question:  What is the purpose of the rubber strip on the bottom of the
> front window frame on the 68' GT-6?  It looks like it is just glued on
> there.  This window frame is not removable, does it need to be there?

> Iam not the owner of this car, it belongs to a friend of mine and it is
> confusing both of us.....  Please Help..............
--------
Apparently your not famillar with the GT6/Spitfire family.  The windscreen
frame is most certainly removable.  On the GT up to the MK3 body and the
Spitfire up to the MK4.  That 'rubber' strip is in fact the seal between the
frame and the body.  There is also a seal at the top on the GT.  These are a
real pain in the a * * to replace.  On the Spit its no big job, but on the
GT your looking at tampering with the headlining.  If you've never done this
LEAVE it to someone who has!  I've done both, don't know if  I would do the
GT again!  BTW it is not just glued on, it is positioned under the full
width of the frame on top of the body ( sandwiched between them.)
Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com (work)
Bschwart@pacbell.net (home)
(San Diego)
70' Spitfire (under-going major surgery) ,  72'-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70'GT6+