Re: Brake Lights 5

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Lights 5
From: Stuart Bollen <stuartb@voicenet.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 15:23:57 -0400 (EDT)
At 11:37 AM 10/11/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone know the reason why my brake lights do not work when my lights
>are turned on?   They work fine with the lights turned off.   Desparate in
>need of assistance to clear Ct inspection.
>Thanks in advance.......
>
>When your headlights are off, you are using the headlamp circuit as the
ground. When you turn them on, you now have zero potential, so now there is
no circuit for the brake lights.

On my TR6 I had to actually solder separate wires on the bulb holder
housings and screw them to the inside of the trunk before I got a good
connection, Good Luck.

Remember, 90% of all electrical problems on our old casrs are corroded
grounds. Stu.