Re: Brake Lights

To: PVANDAL@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Lights
From: Paulsv@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 14:27:34 -0400
In a message dated 96-10-11 11:44:11 EDT, PVANDAL@aol.com writes:

<< Does anyone know the reason why my brake lights do not work when my lights
 are turned on?   They work fine with the lights turned off >>

I had a similar problem with the left turn signal on my TR3.  It turned out
that the leads for the ground wire and the running light were reversed.  When
the headlights were turned on, it would light both filiments of the bulb, and
then the directional didn't work.  This would then feed through to the rear
directional, which is a seperate light on the TR3.  Use a tester or observe
the stop light filiment in the bulb to see if the stop light is lighting up
when the lights are on and the brake pedal is not depressed.  If so, one of
the sockets is defective, or has its ground and running light leads reversed.
Good luck!
Paul Vander Woude