BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [Bernard.Christian-Woodruff@

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [Bernard.Christian-Woodruff@pophost.ping.be (Bernard Christian-Woodruff)]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 12:20:22 -0600
     Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 21:24:43 +0200 (MET DST)
     From: Bernard.Christian-Woodruff@pophost.ping.be
     Subject: Spit Mk3 Ignition Warning Light

Can anyone suggest a reason for the following?
A couple of weeks after buying my Mk. 3 Spit, the battery became completely
flat. I checked the dynamo according the manuals and its output seems OK,
so I  replaced the Voltage Control Box. Ever since, I charge the battery
once a week because I can't afford to let this happen again - I depend on
the car for getting to work. So I don't really know if the problem has been
solved. However, the ignition warning light starts glowing at around 3000
rpm and gets brighter the higher the revs. I doubt this is normal! Does
anyone have any ideas??

Thanks,

Bernard.