scary noises

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: scary noises
From: mharasek@magmacom.com (Martin Harasek)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 23:52:27 -0400 (EDT)
Somethingelse you should check is your steering stop bolt, found on the
trunnion. For some reason I had a problem with this part, I actually could
turn my steeringwheel so far, that the rotor rubbed against the
trunnion-pivotbolt, which explained the scoremarks on my brakerotors.
 Check your rotors if you can find scoremarks on the inside, approx. in the
middle of the disc, usually on both rotors.
 If indeed this is your problem, solve it by torquing your steeringrack to
spec. after replacing the mounting-rubbers. Also replacing the stop-washer
with an oversized one will help.

Martin Harasek L.P.P.O.
Maitre Photographe
Nepean - Ontario