Re: Stanpart 187769T4

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Stanpart 187769T4
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 16:20:26 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Peter Juergens <PiJay@t-online.de>, Triumph Cars List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Wed, 9 Oct 1996, Andrew Mace wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Oct 1996, Gregory Petrolati wrote:
>
> >     ...BTW there's a farmer in Kansas Illinois that
> >     has the only Standard Triumph combine known to exist in the world...
> >     It's in BRG natch! (people are always mistaking it for a John Deere).
> >
> >     Greg "Snipe hunting outfitter to the stars" Petrolati
>
> That would be the ultra-rare LeMans combine -- with the yellow band
> around the nose?

        Sorry, wrong combine. This is the Targa Florio combine that Fangio
        drove. My sources relate that the LeMans combine burned shortly
        after it brought in the crop... an accident in the pole barn...

        The stir was in the Alfa pit... It seems Fangio thought that
        "Alfa" was an Italian diminutiev term for alfalfa.

        Greg "dats otay, Panky" Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois