Triumph original factory manuals

Subject: Triumph original factory manuals
From: Francois Demont <100304.2046@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 09 Oct 96 14:07:35 EDT
>>>>>Bob Sykes  (s1500@aol.com) wrote :
The old (grey) Haynes manual says to [....] reassemble with the felt facing the
bearings.
The new (blue) Haynes manual [....] indicates that the felt would facing the
_vertical_link_!
I took a couple of spares apart and found both orientations.
My Bentley manual is not very specific at all.  So there you have it. Clear as
pea soup.   <<<<<<

I very often read mentions about THE haynes, THE Bentley on this list, but...
what about the original Triumph factory manuals ? Here in France / old Europe,
we can't buy the Haynes/Bentley, but simply use the original factory manuals, or
reprints  of it. They are much complete than the Haynes. (And yes, the felt is
facing the vertical link). Many of the questions to this list could easily find
response in these manuals. I don't know the Bentley. Is it a reprint of the
factory manual ?

Reprints (manuals, parts catalogues for every Triumph model) are easy to find in
UK at Bookspeed / Brooklands Books, they even have a Web site (but I think you
will not find the manuals on the web site) :
http://www.bookspeed.co.uk/cars/
tel 44 181 994 7054
fax 44 181 995 2624  (I have no connections with them...)

Francois Demont 100304.2046@compuserve.com
Spitfire MK3, 1968, valencia blue, every day car
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/spitfire