Tach drive take-off on Modern Dizzy?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tach drive take-off on Modern Dizzy?
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 21:12:13 -0400
Does anyone know if there is a way to incorporate the  cable tach drive
(early Spit) to the later Lucas remote amp electronic distributor.  I put a
1500 in the early car and am concerned about getting correct advance (not to
mention the other advantages of electronic ignition).  BTW, I did install one
of these on a 1100 Sprite motor.  Really improved it!  Have been reliably
running one on the 79 Spitfire for years. (Always carry a spare amp).

Any help is appreciated.

Brian N.

79 Spitfire
65 Spitfire (Puerquito)