Re: 6-Pack- Indy

To: triumphs@autox.TEAM.net
Subject: Re: 6-Pack- Indy
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 1996 23:32:34 -0400
Hey Steve,

I made it to Indy, that is, we, my wife and I drove over, just for Saturday
afternoon -- and YES, the 500 track parade lap was taken, at about 40 mph,
by a long string of fine-looking TR-6s, all topless, on a beautiful warm
sunny day, with a Toyota pick-up truck for a `pace car'.  I haven't seen
so many guys wearing sunglasses and HUGE grins since a Grateful Dead con-
cert a few years ago !  Oh, I almost forgot, that along with the TR-6s were
two 250s, a concours-beautiful blue one with wire wheels & overdrive, and
my (t)rusty red barn escapee, complete with road grime and various ad hoc
repairs and additions.

Thanks to Doug Braden, the club chair, and especially to Dave Kenney (? I
hope I remembered his name right) and to Kerry Fores, editor of the news-
letter, and to everyone else who had a hand in putting on this year's
TRials, and to the weather for co-operating.

I just wish I had been able to make it for the whole weekend, but various
emergencies at home and work didn't permit it this year (Steve -- I feel
your pain !).  It was good to meet some of the authors of the tech articles
that I've enjoyed over the years; hope everyone had a safe trip home, I
know at least one was returning to the Mississippi Gulf coast area, maybe
someone else had even farther to go.  We didn't have any trouble, the drive
was about 3 hrs each way, but then, we were only running 50 to 55 ;  sure
wish I had that overdrive !  Amazing how many people commented on how
`brave' I am, still using the original yellow / black striped hoses on the
radiator, heater feed, etc.  Are they trying to tell me something ??

Best regards,
Tom Tweed
TR-250
SW Ohio