RE: paint removal

To: cwgall@aloha.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: paint removal
From: "Richard Ceraldi-ERC004" <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 10:53:48 -0500
X400-mts-identifier: [ /P=MOT/A=MOT/C=US/ ; m\il02n\961007105348g ]
cwgall@aloha.net@INTERNET wrote:
>What are the groups thoughts on removal of paint from my 69 gt6, >should I
use a paint stripper, if so what has worked for others.

   After having a car media blasted I would not go any other way. It does
not heat the metal enough to warp it. Leaves the original plating on the
metal to prevent rust while waitng for paint. In Dallas it was less
expensive than sandblasting. Since it is a specialty type process you don't
typically get a Bozo running the equipment and destroying your stuff.
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MkIII KF166L
Austin, Tx