More on GT6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: More on GT6
From: jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 18:39:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hey all,
        Okay, so me and Dad took the GT6 to stretch it's tires today after
I'd connected the fuel lines. The most amazing thing happened: the car had
teh best performance it's had in several months! I suspect if I'd sync the
carbs, replace teh fuel pump and fuel filter, and change teh plugs, we'd
pretty much have her back. Now, the odd stuff:

As we drove along, all the sudden the car started going pu-tut over and
over. I barely made it up a hill in first gear and had to dump the clutch
at one point because it stalled. I _think_ that some sediment got in the
fuel pump and started to block the opening valve. Within a minute the
pu-tut went away and everyting seemed normal.

Asking why the fuel filter didn't trap the sediment?

The filter's in front of the carbs, not the pump like it should be. I only
realized it was wrong today, and I would've fixed it excpet the hose
lengths didn't match. This could explain sediment blocking the valve in the
pump, right?

Also, should I or should I not get the copper fuel lines? The one on there
now are kinda rusty and I don't think I trust them, but the copper lines
are $50. Hmmm.

And now an off-the-wall question. I really need to change the coolant.
Really. I just can't figure out how the get that, well, that _thing_ out of
the side of the engine block! The one on the radiator's easy enough, but I
don't know how to open the spicket looking think on the right side of the
engine block.

And that's all for now. To everyone: Thanks!

Jeff Stovall
jstovall@earthlink.net
"I'm God's gift to humility."
1966 Triumph GT6 mk1