Re: horsepower

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: horsepower
From: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 09:16:20 -0500 (EDT)
jammer wrote:

> How do I find my horsepower for my 1976 Triumph TR7 and how fast I can go
> from 0-60 mph?

Two critical phrases in this question are "my Triumph" and "I can go".

For horsepower, it would take a session on a dynamometer.

For 0-60, a quiet stretch of road and a stopwatch will give a good
approximation (lots of chances for lots of error!).

Both numbers will not match whatever you find in a manual.

Other than for interesting conversations over your favorite
beverage, what difference does it make?  Unfortunately for most
of us, the answer to both questions is that we have less horsepower
and higher 0-60 times than most of the other cars (especially if
any of your buddies drive something with a "good ole 'mericun V8"
in it).

If you bought the TR7 looking for either horsepower or 0-60 you
missed the whole idea!

Enjoy the new toy,

Joe Flake
HP Atlanta