Re: One Iron- Lee Trevino

To: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com, gpetrola@prairienet.org, jcullen@direct.ca
Subject: Re: One Iron- Lee Trevino
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 09:49:13 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 96-10-03 02:43:56 EDT, TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com writes:

<< I think Lee Trevino was actually hit by lightning once while holding a one
 iron. When playing in the same tourney the next year, the press asked if it
 could happen again.

 Trevino responded, "Even God could not hit a one iron twice." While the
press
 railed him considerable for the comment, it seems we all have failed to
 remember it correctly. Have I?

 Steve  "I am not a golfer" Thornton >>

I don't know Steve, but even though Lee Trevino is a pretty funny and witty
guy, I'm pretty sure the original "Even God can't hit a one iron" qoute goes
back a lot farther than him.
Sam Snead often said there were only 2 things he was afraid of on a golf
course: lightning and Ben Hogan.
    (inserting lbc content now)
What does this have to do with Triumphs? Nothing, but 2 sets of golf clubs do

fit nicely into the trunk of a TR6.

Cheers
Jack "I WAS a golfer till the Triumph consumed all available time" Mc