Re: Attention- All TR Scions

To: ak627@dayton.wright.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Attention- All TR Scions
From: captainzoso@juno.com (Captain Page)
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 1996 02:09:53 EDT
************Thank you, Tom, Ken, Tony and others for your
input******************

I had a problem...knocking sound from a car sitting over 8 months.  The
housecall mechanic was just by and I would like to report the problem.
Ofcourse my check book is coughing right now and is very ill, but
nonetheless, it was worth it.

****The water pump folks, the confounded water pump had died. No rod
failure*****

He was first confused, the sound was too loud and almost grinding like
metal to metal and he feared the shaft was gone.  Stood there, thought
about it, took out a wrench, disconnected the water pump, turned the car
over and there it was!

Can't let water pumps sit, they go bad!  Thank you folks, for advising
not to drive the thing.

Captain Page