Re: Triumph Herald Rust-proofing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph Herald Rust-proofing
From: jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 04:40:31 -0700 (PDT)
>Hello,
>
>I have recently purchased a 1965 Triumph Herald Convertible.  The car is
>currently in good condition with minimal rust.
>
>I have been trying to get advice on measures that can be taken to prevent the
>car from rusting.  One suggestion is to wire-brush the underside of the car and
>spray the metal, and door panels, with WaxOl or some other protective oily
>coating.  This did sound like good advice to me, although it has since been
>commented that in doing this and rust that remained will work its way through
>the metal without detection.
>
>I would appreciate any suggestions!
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jeremy Green

Jeremy,
        There's something called Zymol (I think that's the one I've found
in the catalog) which I've found in a catalog. The kit, which would
complete "one small car," was about $50. You're the second person I said
I'd find the catalog for today, so if I don't write back, write me back and
ask me where have I been :). Seriously, I'm afraid I'll forget. I'll get
ASAP.

Jeff Stovall
jstovall@earthlink.net
"I'm God's gift to humility."