Re: rolling dollys

To: Triumph owners list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rolling dollys
From: rgs03@health.state.ny.us
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 96 11:59:23 EDT
Comments: Converted from PROFS to RFC822 format by PUMP V2.2X
*** Resending note of 10/01/96 10:25

On Tue, 1 Oct 1996, morrow@saber.udayton.edu wrote:

>Rolling dollys are very nice for the purpose described. I got a set of four
>such dollys for considerably less from Harbor Freight Tools; its a mail order
>companywith lots of stuff like this. Some of their stuff is of modest quality,
>but I
>was very happy with the wheel dollys they sent. I don't have the address with
>me today, but maybe someone on the list has it or could comment further on a
>similar, cheaper source for these things.

I just happen to have received a Harbor Freight Catalog today. The Vehicle
dollies are listed as Item # 32052-6CMB at $76.99 per pair. That's $153.98
for the four that you will need. Capacity is 1,000 lbs each. Shipping is
free for these items.
Later in the same catalog HF lists Mover's Dollies made of hardwoods and
having a capacity of 900 lbs each for $25.99 each. Let's see, that's 3,600
lbs total for $103.96 vs 4,000 lbs total for $153.98. Hmmmmm.
OK so you'd have to add some 2x4s so the tires of the car don't set too
deep into the dollie but it would still be cheaper (We all have a few
pieces of 2x4 hanging around, don't we?). Seems like a viable alternative
to me. BTW shipping is free on all orders over $50.

Harbor freight has a toll free order line (1-800-423-2567).
`
All that having been said, let me add all the standard disclaimers, no
connection, financial or otherwise with HF, etc, etc. I have been fairly
pleased with the few things I bought from them, though.

Rik Schlierer