RE: '66 GT6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: '66 GT6
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 03:09:18 -0600
   Curiouser, and curiouser, my '67 GT6 number is KC5305L and its a 67.  I
   thought your number would be lower if its a year earlier.

As this list has discussed before, the year on the title may not be the year
of manufacture.  Cars were often untitled until the dealer sold them.  A '67
car that arrived in fall of '66 and sold right away could be titled as a '66.
A '67 car made at the same time, or even earlier, but which didn't arrive at
a dealer until the middle '67 and wasn't sold until the following spring could
claim to be a '68 on the title.

So basically, the commision number is more trustworthy than the date of a US
title.

mjb.