TR6 odo cable etc.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 odo cable etc.
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 96 11:07:29 -24000
I ran into a similar odometer cable problem while working on my Spitfire.
The DPO had installed an overdrive transmission (good!) but hadn't bothered
to install or give me the odo cables (not so good.)  The counter boxes for
the EGR and other stuff were also gone (big deal.)

I ordered a long odometer cable from TRF, but quickly realized it wasn't
going to work without a right angle drive.  A quick look into the catalog...
and $90?  Ouch!

I did happen to have a spare MGB transmission handy, that had a right angle
drive.  I've installed this, but haven't driven the car yet.  I'll tell you
how it goes.  The parts appear to fit correctly; I just hope the gear ratios
are 1:1 in the right angle drive.

Lubrication-wise, Eastwood sells a fitting for driving grease into an
odometer cable.  I've never tried it tho'.

Sean Johnson
'75 Spitfire