Re: Good parts houses

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Good parts houses
From: Jonathan Miles <MILESJE@novell2.bham.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 10:16:00

> In the UK, I've had nothing but good service from "Six Spares" in
> Twickenham: Tel (0)181 892 0141, Fax (0)181 892 4547.  Don't know if they
> do overseas orders, but you can always ask!
>
> A colleague of mine swears by (instead of *at*) T D Fitchett in
> Shropshire: Tel (0)1952 619585/620434, Fax (0)1952 610510.
>
> I've had problems with "Spitbitz" and "TRGB" but, to be honest, my 'phone
> orders were possibly a bit ambiguous (not knowing parts no.'s or the
> "correct" tech. description of what I wanted).
> ["Have you got the thingy that fits on the... y'know the one with the
> connector to the wotsit, for a '66 Herald?"]

I've only dealt with Spitbitz once and had very poor service (never
again!).  John Kipping is excellent, only letting me down once when
they were more than a bit snowed under with work.  John Hill's in
Redditch get most of my custom though. They only sell high quality
stuff, cheaper than anyone else, chuck stuff in for free
(occasionally) are knowledgable and enthusiastic.......
and no I don't work for them.

Jonathan

Spitfire 1500