TR4 / V8 transplant

To: emanteno@ix.netcom.com, trent@accutek.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 / V8 transplant
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 21:47:42 -0400

<<
 Why waste time measuring for a V-6 when it is a known fact that a 289
 Ford will fit with plenty of room to spare? :-)

 Irv

Irv, and Trent too-

Yeah I too have seen a TR4 with a ford 289 in it. As I recall, the only major
clearance was with the steering column. The owner had placed an additional
u-joint in it to clear the left side of the motor. Aside from the narrowed
ford 9" rear end, everything else looked pretty stock, both outside and under
the hood.

The only other clearance problem was with my glasses. When he took me for a
ride, it seems I had a bad case of decreasing clearances between the front of
my eyeballs and the lenses of my glasses. Yes Virginia, we are talkin
acceleration here !

Now that I think about it, a 289 powered GT6 doesn't sound so silly...
                Nick in Nor Cal