Re: Accidents Happen<Pine.SGI.3.91.960730100732.24525A-100000@umbc8.umbc

To: Gregory Urban <gurban1@gl.umbc.edu>
Subject: Re: Accidents Happen<Pine.SGI.3.91.960730100732.24525A-100000@umbc8.umbc.edu>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 15:46:42 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
> I agree with the cop.  I think I would have said, "Y'know, you're right!"
>> and accidentally hit him with a jack handle.
>>

>It is only a car.  If you are not prepared to deal with the fact that
>accidents happen when driving, stay off the road.  Malicious intent to
>harm others is not justified just because the other party caused
>unintentional harm to your large block of metal.

>We all make mistakes (the kid's biggest was saying something stupid like
>"Accidents happen, dude."), but I for one do not want to be the judge on
>how "violent" our reaction is allowed to be.  Is it ok to punch him
>once; twice; crow bar to the  head three times; shotgun to the leg?

Hey, we're talking about a Triumph here, not no crappy MG, Don't use the jack
handle, use the whole bloody trolley jack........:-)

>Really, this is all unecessary.  Be happy no one is hurt.  This is the
>reason we have insurance.

BUT.....what if the 'Dude' don't have no insurance man!!!!!

I think this is when the shotgun should come into play.

Rich - How many times have I heard 'Oh, sorry, didn't mean to hit your car, but
it is 'only' an old one.........