Re: Signal-light problems...

To: NGAARD@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Signal-light problems...
From: "Chris Boston" <spitfire@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 13:40:18 +0100 "Signal-light problems..." (Jul 24, 11:02am)
> Subject: Signal-light problems...
> I am experiencing some problems with my left turn-signal - at some times
> it works (blink-blink-blink), but at others it just goes on a 'steady
> light' (no blinking here - just ON). If this happende and staye dthat way
> - well, even I could probably figure out that a relay had gone bad - but
> it comes and goes - so I am PUZZLED. Anybody that can shed some light ion
> this will be much appreciated.

Michael,

Almost certainly a bad earth connection that is making sometimes and not
others, worth having a check for rusted earth straps, screws, etc around the
lights.  This has happened to me on two previous cars, exactly as you describe,
in both cases it was an earth wire from the lights to the body that was
connected by a self tapping screw...The body had rusted around the screw hole,
stopping the connection.

Sorry I've no offers on the brake light though.

hope the above helps a little.

Chris.

--
-- 1977 Spitfire 1500...Everyday/Only Driver.