Spitfire for sale (possibly)

To: "'Triumph Owners'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire for sale (possibly)
From: Eric Rupert <rupert@rpm.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 21:56:32 -0400
Encoding: 36 TEXT
I am considering another British car purchase and am not sure I can get
away with keeping both. :-(

It's a '66 MK2, BRG, Wires, new interior (except seats), new top, less than
5K on complete engine rebuild, suspension rebuild (bushings) new tires, new
exhaust.  Looks concours in a picture (and when the sun is setting) but
closer inspection reveals allot of little dings and dents from everyday
driving and the previous owner tried to touch them up with a brush, arrgghh
(paint and bodywork were last done circa 1980).  Little bubbly in the
rocker panel area but the car is mostly quite solid (hoping to have a few
pictures on a web page soon).  I have had the car about 2 years, purchased
from the original owner who hadn't driven it in approximately 6 years.  I
have put about 3K miles on it myself and it has been great.  Starts, runs
great, which is an anomaly I guess.

Anyway, to get to the point, Any interest in the car?  What's the consensus
on the value of the car? (Ballpark)

I am in the process of acquiring a Stag.  Why you ask?  Well, since my son
arrived, it's a real hassle getting to events and using the vehicle to go
somewhere with my wife.  The Stag seems like the only practical alternative
if I would like to keep a British car and have a softop.  I really like
driving it, it's lots of fun and you can really get on it on the twisty
roads near my home.  I would miss it, as I assume the Stag will be a
different experience.

Thoughts?

                       RPM Associates, Inc.
      (302) 477-0888                   (302) 477-0857 (Fax)

               "Your Partner In Internetworking"