TR6 wiring

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 wiring
From: peb3@Cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 08:51:07 +0100
Good morning:
In the course of re-assembling the TR6 I had the pleasure of installing a
new main harness. I found that the harness I got from TRF, while identical
to the one I removed, did not match the schematic in the Bentley manual for
a 1971 model. The car was built in late 1970 and tagged for January 1971.
It was more accurate to follow the diagram for the later (1972-1974)
models. My car has the key buzzer as well as a horn relay, which are not
shown for a 1971 model. I am quite sure that the DPO's never went to the
bother of updating the electrics in this car. Any comments?

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951