VTR Chick View

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: VTR Chick View
From: WATSON@wmich.edu
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 07:29:35 -0400 (EDT)
Weeks before VTR I was assembling the Spit into the wee hours of the morning.
New front suspension (remember spring, sprang, sprung), new carpet,
refurbished radiator, yada, yada, yada.

One mile on the road to Albany the tach, temp and fuel read zero.  Changed
the fuse and made it one more mile. Ignored it the rest of the drive.

Quote for the trip: "It was a 12-hour drive but only the last 11 1/2 were the
worst!"

Went right to registration and met Rick Schlierer. I wasn't expecting the
beard and all that grey! He and Vicky are great people.

Met Hardly Boy Andy Mace. Good guy. In fact, Andy, Mark Joslyn and I were
persuaded to tech check the autocross entries. SCARY THOUGHT! It was fun and
I got to meet some new people.

AUTOCROSS HIGHLIGHTS

Vicky Schlierer and her Spitfire.  She blew away the track. Great driving and
"left brake" control.

Steve Toth in his Yellow Bullet (250) who should open and Dairy Queen. (He's
so good with the cones, yuk, yuk)

Mark Joslyn and his Sport Six.  I could have sworn the back tyres were going
to fold all the way under, that is, when they weren't off the ground!

Val! Queen of Chick Racers! Drives the same car as the guys and outscores
everyone... and I mean everyone!

SHOW DAY HIGHLIGHTS

Rain!

It was great meeting all of the SOL members.  Now, how do we get Texas closer
to Michigan?

Margaret Watson  "Chick Racer"