Returned and hello

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Returned and hello
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 12:01:32 +0100
Good morning:
Well, I'm back. Bet you didn't even know I was gone. I've spent the last 2
1/2 weeks taking care of my kids, not a vacation. I did finally get the TR6
licensed and drove it for the first time (legally) in 15 years. Nice
feeling. All that I remember about the car is still there: noisy, flexible
frame, rattling doors. Now we have to get re-acquainted, the old girl and
I. Took her out for a fling the other night, had a blast through some back
roads, top down. This will be a good summer.

Had planned to go to Albany for the convention, but the weather was not
what I had hoped for for a maiden voyage, so I stayed home. I am sure I was
not the only one disappointed by the weather on Saturday.

I learned a lot about my car in the final days of re-assembly, but I'll
relate them to you as time goes on.

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951