Re: Spitfire Clutch<MAPI.Id.0016.0072646f6e2020203931394430303034@MAPI.t

To: Don Schaffer <mrdon@denver.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Clutch<MAPI.Id.0016.0072646f6e2020203931394430303034@MAPI.to.RFC822>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 09:00:34 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>Am having problems with clutch on 76 Spitfire.

Been there, suffered that(On a '73)

>The clutch, pressure plate, Etc. are new.  they worked for about
>1,000 miles just fine.

Mine didn't last THAT long, it was broke BROKE before I put it in I think. :-(

>Now the clutch will not disengage.

Yep, I know the feelin'

>The master and slave cylinder are fine.  if you pump the pedal the slave
>cylinder
>bottoms out but no disengagement.

See above.

Well, if it is the same problem as what I had, and it sounds like it
(unfortunately) is, then it could be the spring disc bit(sorry for the crap
description) in the pressure plate that is cracked, the bit that the
release(throw out) bearing presses against.  I've had 2 crack(could it be my
driving style???).  The only way to find out is to get the 'box out again, and
remove and examine the pressure plate.  :-(

Good Luck

Rich
Northampton.