Why buy expensive rocker assy. external oil feed??

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Why buy expensive rocker assy. external oil feed??
From: cwnicholls@juno.com (Clark W Nicholls)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 21:47:11 PST
I don't understand why everyone is willing to pay big bucks for this kit
when a visit to the plumbing shop will provide you with all the parts
for a fraction of the cost!  Take one of the gallery plugs along to
match the threads and all you need are 2 adaptors and a length of copper
tubing with compression fittings!

I built one for a Spitfire that blew the head gasket and was getting no
oil to the rockers over 12 years ago.  It kept the car running till
parts arrived (you should hear a squeaky rocker shaft!).

Other than that I really wonder if they're worth it!

Clark