Rocker assy external oil feed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rocker assy external oil feed
From: "Theis, Karl J" <THESKJ@edex.litc.lockheed.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 15:09:39 -0700
Disposition-notification-to: <THESKJ@edex.litc.lockheed.com>
Hello all,
A while back I purchased one of those new-fangled external oil feed
kits that supposedly get more oil to the rocker arm assembly.  It
went on easily enough, and upon starting up the engine it promptly
sprayed oil
over the rear of my GT6's engine.  I then proceeded to apply a little
more torque to the offending fitting (the one into the cyl. head) and
sheared off the aforementioned fitting in the process.  A few weeks
later, after I complained to TRF about the lack of a torque spec on
the part and sent them $10 for a new one,  I tried to install the kit
again.  Same result.  This $30 stainless steel braided hose has been
back in its supplied plastic bag ever since.
My question to the list is this:
A)  What is the consensus of this list on the merits of these
external oil feed kits?
B)   If I attempt to install it again, how do I get a good seal on
the fitting at the cylinder head?  The supplied copper crush-washer
really doesn't seem to be enough.
Thanks,
Karl Theis