Re: TR6 hard top info..

To: mood@rad.unc.edu
Subject: Re: TR6 hard top info..
From: JIMDAV6@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 19:23:05 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jon,

I have a factory hardtop for one of my '75 TR6's and it's not difficult to
remove, just time consuming. I leave my soft top on the car (you have to
unscrew the side brackets) and use the boot cover that came with hard top
cars also fitted with soft tops. It is really a clever design! The hard top
stiffens the car & provides dramatic handeling improvements by removing the
flex that we've all grown accustomed to and that you don't notice untill you
remove the hard top.
 I bought a sling - hoist kit made for '55-'56 T-Birds and had the straps
shortened for a perfect fit. This allows one person to remove refit the top &
provides out-of -the way storage on your garage ceiling.
Get the steel hard top. It's worth the effort & it looks great!

Jim Davis
GTA
CF38690UO
CF37325U