Re: TR6 hard top info..

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, "Jon Moody (BME)" <mood@rad.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6 hard top info..
From: "Peter Mchugh" <PMCHUGH@mail.hq.faa.gov>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 96 14:14:28 EST
     I have both aftermarket and factory hardtops for my 73 TR-6.

     The aftermarket is easy to install (without removing the soft-top) and
     is a pleasure during December and January in Norhtern Virginia.  The
     top looks ok!

     The factory top is a pain to install (nearly needs two people), can
     easily be damaged (holes and finger prints on headliner from tightly
     gripped fingers), requires removal of softtop, but looks fantastic on
     car.

     Aftermarket top cost $150 and needed no repairs etc.

     Factory top (I bought two @) was $400.00 plus repairs, paint and new
     headliners (About another $350.00).

     Hope this is illuminating?????

     PS  I like to drive the TR-6 with the top down all year...but now and
     then the hardtop is a pleasant change...so ease of installation is
     important to me!

     Cheers

     PMCQ

     73 TR-6