'69 TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: '69 TR6
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 1996 08:11:36 -0700
There's a local fellow who's got a 1969 TR6 hidden out behind his shed,
and it hasn't been on the road for about 8 or 9 years.  From all
appearances, no major body work has ever been done, and it looks pretty
complete.  Aside from alot of faded paint, and dried up interior, some
missing carpets, and the fact that rabbits/squirrels have chewed up the
wiring pretty well under the hood, I think it might be a good deal.  The
commission number, is CC28536.  He said it was running "a while back".
I didn't have along time to talk with him, so I couldn't find out too
much.  He might be willing to sell it, and I thank he was talking about
around $2000.  Is it a good deal?  Is it too much for an early TR6?
I'd love to grab it and stick it away, until my Spit is done, but only
if it's worth it.  My gut feeling is that it's a little pricey for the
condition, but that't why I'm asking you guys.  Are the early TR6's
more rare in any way?  When I check out the ads on the net and in
classifieds, I see a lot of 71's and later.  Any advice is appreciated.

--
Peter Ficklin
pficklin@qnis.net

"Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder"       -anonymous