Stag Carb Problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Stag Carb Problem
From: Daniel Pruzan <dpruzan@nearinc.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 17:07:16 -0400
I have a 1971 Stag with twin Stromberg CD-175 carbs.  When I turn off the
engine (once it has
been run for a while and is warm) it appears that fuel runs out of the carbs
into the intake
manifold.  The fuel pressure is roughly 2.5 PSI and the carbs don't appear to
leak just under the
influence of the electric fuel pump (I checked for leaks with the carbs pulled
up off of the
manifold).  I recently rebuilt the carbs and even went back in to lower the
float levels slightly
below specs.  I am thinking that the heat of the engine is boiling the fuel out
of the bowls, but
would appreciate any other suggestions or ideas.

Thank You

Dan Pruzan