TR-5 for sale,TO,San Jose?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-5 for sale,TO,San Jose?
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 19:06:37 -0400
Fellow Motorheads,

Has anyone around San Jose inquired at Triumphs Only regarding a Price
on the TR-5 listed in the July issue of Hemmings Motor News ?  It must
be quite a car, according to the ad copy, but were they too embarrassed
to include a price ?  Was it in the same ballpark as TRF's German TR-5,
which was listed at $18,000. ?

Would anyone care to explain the logic of running an expensive ad that
fails to include a price ??  This attempt to be coy, or sly, or to sup-
pose that `if you have to ask, you can't afford it', if in fact it was
not an oversight, really annoys me and everyone else I've discussed it
with.  I found this to be especially common with real estate listings,
where you're required to call the listing agent, so they can try to get
your wrist up between your shoulder-blades.  In the case of the house
listings, we just didn't waste our time with those that had no price
listed in the ad, and I suppose I shouldn't waste our time here com-
plaining about this car ad, but I'd still like an answer, if there's
some secret salesman's theory about that...it just seems brain-dead
to me, and I would avoid buying a car from a brain-dead owner, other
things being equal.

Foamin' at the mouth and wishin' it was homebrew,
Claude Hopper
TR-250
Enfield .303
SW Ohio