RE: Engine valance for late spits/elect. fan

To: "Alan Coleman" <alanco@sybase.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine valance for late spits/elect. fan
From: Todd Luchette <luchette@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 96 11:22:04 -0000
>On a related topic, anybody know a replacement for the late spitfire electric
fan
>motor? Mine is getting noisy, and will give up the ghost one day soon.  They
are
>apparently made of unobtainium, so does anyone have a good replacement
strategy?

>Thanks,

Alan,

Actually, I had mine replaced recently with the fan from a Jensen
Interceptor.It required only slight modification(new mounting holes
drilled in the fan bracket) but it works quite well. The fan has an extra
blade and it's a robust motor so it pulls the air through the radiator
nicely.

I got it from British Motorsports in Campbell, CA. Dave at BM also told
me the Jaguar XJS motor would work for this application but that your
looking at about $400.00 from the dealer for that motor.

Todd

'79 daily driver