Re: Spit Rear Hubs

To: rvince00@counsel.com
Subject: Re: Spit Rear Hubs
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 96 12:55:44 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

> To:   Triumphs List,          Inet
>

>AAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!
>
>I can't get those DAMNED rear hubs off!!

Ross,
 Hook up a 10 inch fouir jaw gear puller to the hub. Heat ithe thing to
"Cherry Red". It will pop.
 Don't get too overzealous with the hammer, you can split the axle. That
is the voice of experience.
 I took an axle to "U-Joints, Inc.", the pros. They split an axle and
bent the other one.
 I crought the whole mess home, put the gear puller on and got it hot. I
mean hot enough to really glow. Then, all of a sudden it let go with a
loud "POP". Scared the He-- out of me, but at least it came off.
 Tried the other side and same thing happened.
 When I put the hubs on the replacement axles, I applied some anti-sieze lube
just in case I ever had to do it again.
Best Regards,
Tony
###