Re: TR250/6 Seats - Yr ????

To: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR250/6 Seats - Yr ????
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 1996 08:28:11 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
JoeSimcoe@aol.com wrote:

> I question the originality of my seats in the 250 . .  I had always thought
> (and Tom Tweed confirmed) that the TR250 seat was a low backed seat that
> tilted forward, allowing access behind the seats, but the back was NOT
> adjustable as far as reclining.
>
> The seats I have are low backed, (until I take them apart I won't know if
> they have an accomodation for the low headrest or not, as currently done
> there is no headrest, nor a hole for one to be inserted)  HOWEVER, they have
> the black handled lever that allows for them to be tilted up on the INSIDE -
> or tunnel side - of the seats (both drivers and passenger) and on the door,
> or outside, there is a silver lever that allows for adjustment of the seat
> back into a reclining position.

Isn't the silver lever you see for adjusting the seat postion on the seat
track?
Meaning, how far forward or backward you sit from the steering wheel/pedals?

A 250 seat back is firmly attached to the seat bottom...when the seat is tilted
forward, the WHOLE thing flips up (seat bottom and back) hinged on two bolts on
the front of the seat track.  If your seats hinge between the seat bottom and
seat back, AKA recline, they are not 250 seats.

It's been awhile since my seats were in my car, but I know I have some good
pictures somewhere.  I will try to dig them up.  Might even have double prints!

And, alas, if your seats are not original and you need a pair of rebuildable
seats, don't forget your friend with the spares!

Good luck.

Henry Frye
thefryes@iconn.net
TR250's