Spitfire Overdrive Electrics

To: "'British Car List'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire Overdrive Electrics
From: Chris and Karen Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 17:06:31 -0700
Fellow Scions,
        The Prince of Darkness has reared his ugly head and his name is Lucas.
He hath wrought confusion and madness among the masses.  He hath proclaimed
multiple possible wiring solutions for wiring my overdrive unit, yet makes none
of
them clear to the common man.  Help me put assunder the Dark Prince...guide me
through the valley of the shadow of the bell housing...nay, through the dreaded
firewall
and safely to ground.
        Please think this through logically (or cheat and look at yours)
 I need to incorporate the following:

        Power from the ignition switch
        Switch at the shift knob (two wires, red and black)
        reverse lamp switch (forward part of trans, top side, two prongs)
        reverse inhibitor switch (just below shifter connection)
        solenoid (two prongs, one goes to ground)

Every model Spitfire has a different diagram, and since I'm putting the trans
from a 76 into a 71
I suppose the old adage is KISS (keep it simple stupid).  Hence I will NOT be
using a relay!

Mainly I guess I need to know the sequence I should connect these in.

Any and all suggestions are welcome as I have seen so many so far (on paper,
none real live wiring)
nothing is out of the question

Scary, isn't it?   Thanks for your help...yea, verily, I shall see the light
again, as God is my witness!

Chris "looks like I picked a bad week to quit drinking" Prugh

See you all at the Moss Motors meet, July 18 - 21 (O/D or not)