Re: TR6 from US to Norway <31D91BAB.4EC0@hd.uib.no>

To: "Lars G. Johnsen" <lars.johnsen@hd.uib.no>
Subject: Re: TR6 from US to Norway <31D91BAB.4EC0@hd.uib.no>
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 1996 09:14:08 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

"Lars G. Johnsen" wrote:

> But I managed to get to Bergen in fine shape, after a 7 hour drive, so
> now I hope that the car will pass the build control (after obvious work
> on suspension).

Congrats on your purchase, and having an enjoyable first drive!  I'm glad
to hear that the car turned out as you expected.

> I have one question for the list in this respect. The rear shock
> assembly seems to be rebuilt. There are aluminum plates bolted onto
> either side of the inner rear wings which hold a bracket for the shock
> absorbers. The shocks are therefore standing upright. The shocks
> themselves didn't carry any identification other than being white with
> Gas-adjust printed in red on them. Anyone knows what shocks these are,
> and what kind of rebuild that has been performed?

Offhand, I do not know what type of shocks are in place.  Clearly, at some
point, a previous owner has converted the shocks on your car from the
original Armstrong lever shocks to a standard tubular shock.  I am not sure
of this, but I belive that such conversion generally use the same shock
absorber as is supposed to be on the front.

> Lars G. Johnsen
> TR6 '74 #CF27324UO

Gee, our cars left the factory pretty close to one another... Mine is
CF27535.

--ken
'74 TR6 Daily Driver

Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Sanders, PTP2-A001          |
PO Box 868                  | Voice: (603) 885-9604
Nashua, NH 03061            | Fax:   (603) 885-0631