Re: TR6 Compression Test Results

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Compression Test Results
From: Christian_Simonsen@ena-east.ericsson.se (Christian Simonsen)
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 08:50:02 -0400
 Jeff Nathanson said

Did a compression test on my '71 TR6 and would like to know what the group
thinks the problem(s) is(are). I am hoping that the consensus is that a
reconditioned head will fix the problem. Can't afford much more.

Jeff, you might consider a redo on the compression test. This time squirt some
oil in the spark plug holes and rotate the engine a few times before you do the
compression test. If the numbers improve you have worn rings. if not you can bet
it has something to do with the head (valves, head gasket, head, etc.)

Christian Simonsen

63 TR4 O/D
54 TR2