Re: Seatbelts - TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seatbelts - TR6
From: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 15:29:00 -0500 (EST)
Someone noted that the inertia seatbelts were introduced
in the '72 model.  I have an early '72 (CC75000='72, mine
is CC75128) which has lap belts only -- appears to be
original, but might have been changed by a PO.  It does
have the fenderwell bolts which would mount a shoulder
strap, but I think that was on the earlier models
as well.

Has anyone tied the aftermarket retractible belts from
Victoria British?

One of the catalogs I've seen shows aftermarket shoulder
belts with a distinction of '73 and later models.  What's
different?

Suggestions for a non-retractible shoulder strap would
be appreciated as well.

I was hoping this would generate more postings...
Chris, could you post a summary of the offline notes you've
received?

Joe
flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com

PS.  Why are seatbelts so expensive?  Is it just the big
     issue of product liability or is there some "technology"
     issue I'm missing?