James Garner Lives!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: James Garner Lives!
From: "John W. Hazelton" <hazelton@mizar.usc.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 96 10:17:53 PST
Hi all!

 Sorry to hit the whole list with this, but I get the digest version
 of the Triumphs list, and it didn't have Richard Jackson's email
 address.  So, on the chance that others may be wondering about the
 same thing...

 Richard Jackson - Network Technician writes:

> sorry about this macabre question, but does anyone know for sure
> whether the actor James Garner is alive and well, or not, as this
> is an on-going office argument with me stating emphatically that
> he's still around, and someone else saying he passed on after the
> filming on Maverick!  Please, someone help.

 Someone else is wrong, and you, Richard, are quite right.  James
 Garner is still alive and working.  He has been making a series
 of "Rockford Files" television movies, and I, myself, saw him
 with my own two eyes as he was shooting one of these on location
 a few months ago.  This is direct eyewitness testimony, not hearsay,
 and as such, would be acceptable evidence in any court in the land.

 Of course, this doesn't preclude an elaborate "James is dead" scheme,
 whereby Garner was killed in a terrible auto accident, and replaced
 by a clever look-a-like many years ago, nor the existence of some
 hyper-advanced audio-animatronic Garner, but both possibilities
 seem highly unlikely to me.

--John Hazelton
  Los Angeles, CA, USA