FW: sticking master cylinder, herald

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: FW: sticking master cylinder, herald
From: "Theis, Karl J" <THESKJ@edex.litc.lockheed.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 09:42:06 -0700
From: Theis, Karl J on Wed, Mar 27, 1996 3:01 PM
Subject: re: sticking master cylinder, herald
To: triumph digest

John,
I can offer no solutions, only symphathy.  The same thing happened to me when I
rebuilt the single brake M/C on my '67 GT6.  I bought the rebuild kit locally,
and the seal seemed to be a tight fit going in (I should have stopped right
there).  No amount of lubricant, compressed air, solvent or heat would entice
the M/C innards back out.  I ended up buying a new one from Vicky British.  TRF
didn't acknowledge the use of the single M/C in the GT6.  Cost was around $100
- about half what I paid for the whole car.   Good luck
                                 Karl