Past Vehicle Game

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Past Vehicle Game
From: Jacob ben-David Zimmerman <zimerman@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 19:35:35 EST
Gee, I'm a young 'un, and my list is short...especially given my current grad
student status. :-)

'74 Toyota Corolla 1600 Deluxe  ('the Gutbucket') -bought for $8; drove for 5
                                yrs. and around 38,000 mi, spent total of $300
                                on 'fixing' it, including $150 for seat belts
                                when I got it-died of cancer. LOVED that car.
'86 Peugeot 505 Turbodiesel     Yuck.  Got this in 1989 when I had surgery on
                                my ankle and couldn't use a clutch for 4 months
                                turned key one day in rain and electrical sys
                                blew up, dropped on ground. Car sat in school
                                lot for 3 months, was stripped, thank goodness.
'78 Kawasaki KZ-400 Cycle       Bought for $1, cost $400 to fix up and learn to
                                ride on while at college...rode around NYC for
                                a couple yrs after graduating!
'91 Kawasaki Zephyr 750         First new vehicle :-) ...currently owned.
'71 TR6                         'Amanda' ..bought in 1993 since I moved to Bos-
                                ton and needed a car.  Wouldn't part with her
                                for the world, and in fact have turned down
                                $15K for the car.

...I'm just glad my British-i-fication was early; now I have all this time to
covet/buy/fix/swear at/drive British Cars.

Dream cars:
TR8 Convertible
TVR Vixen in deep blue
Any Jag E-type
1995 Toyota MR-2 in Super Red with Turbo
Another 1972 Toyota Corolla.

...brought my '6 out of storage this week, heeheeheehee.