'71 TR6 for sale

To: TRIUMPHS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: '71 TR6 for sale
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 14:59:06 -0700 (MST)
Cc: DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM
Saw this advertised, went to take a look at it, decided it wasn't
quite my thing.  Other than what I state here, I have no further
information on it.  The qualitative remarks are mine, based on
crawling all over it for a half an hour in dwindling daylight.
YMMV.  I'd be willing to forward a few questions for whoever's
interested.

1971 TR6, Green, overdrive, 113K miles, includes soft top and
a white aftermarket hardtop (which, though not OE style, doesn't
look half bad).

He's asking $3350 for it.  I think this is negotiable.  It needs
a respray, and all the soft interior bits need to be redone, but
it appears to be drivable now.  I did fire it up, it runs and
sounds nice.  It's clearly been parked for a long time.

It's absolutely complete, as far as I could see, and he has some
spares.  The rear valance has been replaced and and primered
only.  All the metal is nice and it's clearly an Arizona car, no
sign of rust.  (I could concievably have missed some, it was
getting dark.)

He won't be able to tell you if the overdrive works, he thought it
was broken and was surprised when I told him it only works in the
higher gears.  Which tells you how much he's driven it.  I'd have
taken it out and tried it, but he lives in the boondocks at the
end of a horrible rocky dirt road that damn near shook my Spit
to death, and I just didn't feel like it.

I was tempted, but I'm not that much into TR6s.  But this looks
like a good, uncomplicated project car, it doesn't _seem_ to need
much besides vinyl and paint.

- Dan Parslow
djp@alpha.sunquest.com