Re: Cars, Cars, Cars

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cars, Cars, Cars
From: Don Taskey <dltx2@catamart.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 19:19:18 -0500
Okay, I'll occupy some bandwidth.

50 Ford flathead (they really can't take 12.5:1 compression)
57 Dodge hemi (cops didn't like this)
56 Chebby ragtop (swore I'd never have another Chev)
52 Merc with 51 hemi (cops really didn't like this)
57 Ford ragtop (Dad forgot antifreeze while I was in boot camp)
62 Dodge Dart (hit a really big snowplow in Ontario)
65 Mustang ragtop (made just for me by Shelby dealer in Mass)
63 Corvair Turbo Spyder (Made holes in pistons)
65 Spitfire
67 Barracuda
67 GT6
69 Maverick (attempt at growing up)
67 Firebird 400HO (backsliding)
69 Volvo 164 (another attempt)
72 Coupe de Ville (on the straight and narrow)
77 Buick Sport Cooupe (backsliding slightly)
78 Datsun p/u (hey, trucks!)
76 Fiat 124 Spider (cracked expensive aluminum head)
78 Chebby diesel stepside (Real boss custom, ate engines bad)
65 Barracuda (real train wreck but quick with late 318)
82 Plymouth 2.2 (quick little piece of s---)
84 Nissan 4x4 (I'll never have another)
84 GMC stepside (jacked up custom)
79 Scirocco (my first rebuild)
61 Vette (sold to build house)
85 Merkur xr4ti
85 Harley Dresser
88 Toyota 4x4
91 Explorer (wife's)
77 Triumph Bonneville
71 TVR (in process)
63 Vette (almost there)
93 Toyota 4x4 (run parts, gotta have something to depend on)
81 Blakely Bearcat (kit car running Mustang SVO)
76 TR6 (Rebuilt top to bottom now)
Obviously, I gave up on growing up!