Cars, Cars, Cars

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Cars, Cars, Cars
From: James F Kennedy <jkennedy@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 18:14:05 EST
Well, I guess I'll bore you all with my list of cars.  I'm only 28, so it's not
as impressive as some of the ones I've seen.  I've had some fun, though!

'68 Buick Skylark: First car, V8 power, went thru tires as fast as you can say
"floor it".
'72 MG Midget: Bought at 16, got me hooked on British. Still have it.
'75 VW Rabbit: Great car, should've kept it.
'78 Toyota Corolla.  Didn't need it.  Sold it to brother.
'77 MG Midget: I had no money, sold it.
'79 Jeep CJ7:  Fun, fun, fun, but kind of like driving a basketball, or a
billboard.
    Nothing better on the beaches of Martha's Vineyard, though.
'65 Dodge Dart: A gift. Had two weeks, took it into the woods and conducted our
own version of
    the demolition derby. Drove it to the junkyard with no exhaust, jumper
cables holding the
    door on, and many, many dented panels.  Youthful exuberance.
'80 Ford Escort: Reliable college car. Until it died.
'80 Toyota Tercel:  Reliable college car.  Did great "Jim Rockfords" when asked.
'90 Mazda Protege: New diploma, new job, new car.  Dependable but boring.
'72 Triumph Spitfire: What can I say, spring fever hit again.
'88 Saab 900 Turbo:  Spring fever hit twice in the same year.  This car can go
from 55
    mph to 110 faster than any I've owned (big deal, look at the list)

I'm in school again, with no money, but I can still dream.  My list of
reasonable dream
cars (not counting the ones I'll never be able to afford):

'70's VW Karmann Ghia: The car that looks like a Hoover Vacuum.
'70's VW SuperBeetle: Dad owned lots of these.
'80's BMW 325

The most reasonable unreasonable dream car:

'80's Porsche 911

There you have it!  Now the psychoanalysts can figure me out.

Jim Kennedy