Spit rear Suspension

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit rear Suspension
From: tomstory@slip.net (Thomas Story)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 96 19:36 PST
I posted this question a few days ago and recieved some info (Thanks Doug,
Dave), but still need to have some things clarified.

I got a swing spring from a 76 Spitfire to replace the one in my MkII to
hopefully upgrade the handling a bit. From what I gather this is a
straightforward swap, and should bolt right into place, I just need to
blank off a couple of the unused mounting holes on the diff, right?

It was mentioned to me that since the axles on the 76 are longer than on
mine I would end up with positive camber. I thought that when Triumph
switched to longer axles they kept the same spring length, thereby
increasing Negative camber, is this correct? Has anyone bolted in the
longer driveshafts from a later model Spit into a MkI-III? The reason I ask
is so that I could grab the shafts from the junkyard Spit while it's still
there. Also what do people consider a good upgrade from the standard
shocks?

Thanks for any info!    Tom    S.F    Ca

"Who are You?"
"I'm fine thanks, who are you?"
"I'm fine too, but you no get in without the password"